Yesterday at 17.00, at the General Command of the Carabinieri, the general commander Tullio Del Sette and the president of the WWF Italy Donatella Bianchi signed a memorandum of understanding aimed at developing collaborative relations between the two organizations. Also present was Fulco Pratesi, one of the founders of WWF Italy.
The purpose of the agreement is to promote the "environmental legality" and the protection of the territory, fundamental objectives of the missions of the Weapon and the WWF Italy.
The main areas of collaboration will concern:
- promotion of awareness-raising, training and communication initiatives for knowledge of issues related to constitutional values, respect for legality and knowledge of natural heritage and biodiversity;
- development of collaboration activities on the protection of natural heritage, with specific reference to environmental surveillance and to research, promotion and communication activities in the "WWF Oasis";
- reciprocal training activities for personnel;
- realization of projects, studies, research and analysis on the themes of fauna and environmental protection;
- specific initiatives in favor of young people aimed at spreading the culture of "environmental legality";
- development of synergies for the enhancement of protected natural areas.
The Arma, for the realization of the aims of the agreement, will involve its own territorial articulations and Special Departments - especially the newly formed Unit Command for Forest, Environmental and Agribusiness Protection - that will work in synergy with the central organs and the network of regional and local branches of the WWF Italy.