On 24 September, the first SICYNT conference on the importance of disclosure in the digital society was held at the Faculty of Engineering and Architecture of the University of Cagliari. Partners of the event, the University itself e Pluribus One, a Sardinian company in the sector.
What is SICYNT?
SICYNT is a social promotion association whose full name is "Italian Society for the Development of CYber Culture and New Technologies" which was created with the aim of promoting the culture of new technologies and intelligence in favor of Italian society (more information on the SICYNT.org site).
The conference was an opportunity for the members to meet in person, explore different topics in the simplest way possible from different points of view and to chart the course for the activities of the year 2023.
In the morning session, participation was also open to the public, precisely to encourage the spread of culture linked to the cyber world and, more generally, to new technologies.
What did we talk about?
After a brief introduction on the history of the association and on the importance of "providing information" in a critical sector such as cyber and new technologies, in which the need to approach the public using simple and clear language was highlighted, the members speakers presented the following speeches:
- how to make technology accessible to everyone (Marco Rottigni, Paolo Ballanti);
- triage of a malware (Andrea Piras, Giorgio Giacinto);
- responsible use of social media (Enrica Priolo, Orazio Danilo Russo);
- Osint and Intelligence (Maurizio d'Amato, Alessandro Rugolo);
- Risk Based Approach (Giuseppe Brizio, Paola Patriarca);
- live the experience of a Start-Up (Danilo Mancinone, Davide Ariu);
- AI and Cyber resilience (Marco Rottigni, Giorgio Giacinto);
- Cybersec, critical infrastructures and cyberwar (Andrea Piras, Alessandro Rugolo);
- regulatory update (Enrica Priolo, Orazio Danilo Russo).
Some other interesting interventions planned have been postponed, due to lack of time, to the next meeting opportunity, in particular:
- What are the risks for PA and SMEs? (Simone Peruzzi);
- Cyber and Industry (Umberto Cattaneo);
- Cyber security without complications with Pensierosicuro podcast (Alessandro Oteri);
- "Main computer crimes", by Enrica Priolo and Orazio Danilo Russo.
What about the future?
The world is increasingly interconnected and digital technologies are increasingly used in various sectors.
However, in the face of the enormous growth of security problems, accidents and computer crimes, the number of professionals does not grow as quickly, creating major imbalances on the labor market, and new professionals are born every day related to aspects of safety.
The world is in constant transformation and this requires attention, information, continuous training and awareness, to exploit the potential of new technologies by limiting their risks.
IT, IoT, AI, Blockchain, Cyber Space, Threat Intelligence, Botnet, Ransomware, are just some of the acronyms and terms that have become part of the common language, even if they are not always fully understood by the public.
The world is constantly changing and this requires attention, information, continuous training and awareness, to exploit the potential of new technologies while limiting risks.
And it is in this scenario that SICYNT wants to promote the culture of new technologies and intelligence in favor of Italian society.
SICYNT thanks all the attendees, guests, members and sympathizers both for their participation and for some valuable suggestions received and awaits you in Rome for next year's event 2023.
To know us better:
Photo: US Air Force / SYCINT