In other articles we have already treated of SOC (Security Operation Center) defining it as a complex organizational unit, generally centralized, which deals with identifying, managing and remedying IT security problems, consisting of processes, tools and people. For the sake of completeness, in the management of the cyberspace in addition to SOC, i NOC (Network Operations Center) and the IOC (Infrastructure Operations Center).
In Italy there are some SOCs managed by the largest companies in the complex ICT world, among these we got to know, for example, the team of Leonardo SpA, Italtel SpA, Engineering Ingegneria Informatica SpA. The companies mentioned have become real MSSPs, that is Managed Security Service Provider.
In fact, all these companies have invested in a targeted manner in their respective core businesses to better position themselves on the "global market", because this is by nature, as it is born and thrives on the www (world wide web), directing efforts on developments related to the cyber intelligence.
It is nice to see that Italy is also organizing itself for the challenges of the market.
In this article we will talk about an Italian company based in Bresso (MI), the Venticento Srl, an IT company founded in 2005 with the aim of providing technical and systems assistance services to those companies that need to make their business processes more effective and productive through actions to improve and optimize their IT infrastructures. Twenty hundred is successfully facing a new challenge: to bring service Managed Detection and Response (MDR), a service of cyber security which assists the customer from the stage of detection to that of incident response, to Italian SMEs, to then replicate the model and also propose it on its international offices.
The results achieved in just three decades are truly remarkable. Let's quickly retrace the steps.
- Twenty hundred was founded in September 2005 with the aim of providing technical and system assistance services to customers inherited from previous experiences of the founding members.
- In 2006, the first important partnerships were established with Sophos and Microsoft.
- Between 2007 and 2009 the company strengthened its services business, generating a substantial turnover in the field of security, addressing important server consolidation experiences in the field VMware and increasing its workforce to 10 employees.
- In 2010 he began to explore the world of services in cloud, concentrating efforts on Microsoft BPOS, now Office 365, and expanding its service desk service, providing services to foreign offices of Italian customers.
- In 2011 and 2012 he gained important experiences abroad carrying out activities of standardization and consolidation of IT infrastructures and realizing Start Up of information systems in various European countries and in the USA.
- In 2014 he founded 20100 US in New York, to face the new overseas challenges.
- In 2016 it further strengthens the partnership with Sophos to remain a point of reference for the vendor in Italy, becoming one of the few partners in the world with certification Synchronized security specialist.
- A strong partnership with FireEye and Qualys is established in 2017.
- In 2018 he founded 7Cento HK in Hong Kong, to guarantee his customers the NOC "Follow the Sun" service 24 x 7 x 365.
- In 2020 it is included in the Financial Times ranking among the 1000 European companies that recorded the fastest growth between 2015 and 2018: + 209,9%. In the same year it was declared "Growth Champion" 2021 by the ITQF (German Institute for Quality and Finance) as the turnover of Twenty hundred increased the most in the 2016-2019 three-year period.
In light of the results, we contacted the CEO, Enrico Dellù (opening photo).
According to Dellù, the success of Venticento is to be found in its three peculiarities: internationalization, the profound ability to do customer care and that of presenting itself as a consulting partner for clients.
La mission company is to ensure the protection of customer data and peace of mind in conducting the business, guaranteeing advice and proactive assistance at 360 degrees, 7 days a week and 7 hours a day. For this his core business qualifies as system integrator e managed services provider. The reference target is the medium-sized company, a huge market that has specific needs and that the specialized team of Venticento always tries to satisfy in the best possible way.
To respond in the most complete way to these needs, Enrico Dellù tells us, offices were also opened in the United States (in New York in 2014) and in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, in China, in 2018. In other words, in countries where there is a greater concentration of business units for the target market.
The strengths of Twenty hundred are the in-depth knowledge of the market, the flexibility and quality of the made-in-Italy work, highly appreciated within national borders and above all beyond them, a guarantee of excellence for the international vendors with whom the company has established important partnerships.
Among the projects for the future, Twenty hundred includes the engineering of MDR services to increase its offer of managed security services (MSS) and the development of a specific service for the retail world to provide assistance to store spread all over the world and overseas expansion.
In conclusion, according to the writer, it is not necessary to be based in Silicon Valley or perhaps to be listed on the Nasdaq to be able to boast dizzying growth rates. Also in Italy there are companies of considerable success, even if less known, whose performance assumes a particular significance, because it was achieved in a context of prolonged economic crisis. What is needed is to believe in it, work hard and talk to customers, explaining the risks to which every company is now subject and how these can be managed and reduced, also through proactive security services.
They will be present with us Enrico DellùCEO Twenty hundred, Marco Rottigni, CTSO EMEA at Qualys, Carlo Mauceli, CTO Microsoft Italy, Simone Rapizzi CTO of Whetu.
Useful links to learn more:
Photo: authors / web